Sunday, May 11, 2008

Random

I was walking down a street which was dark as sin,
I didn’t know where it ended neither did I know where it began,
It didn’t seem so bad in the start, but then I wasn’t sure when this mirage would blow apart,
I thought I saw shadows of friendship in a semi-dark lane,

But as soon as I was put under a spot-light, the shadows would disappear in the veil of fallacy and behind it, they lain.

Sometimes I thought it was a nightmare and sometimes I thought it was a dream,

Sometimes it made me lonely and sometimes queen of my realm.

I used to fear loneliness before, but later it became my friend,

It was the only thing constant in my life and something that stuck with me till the end.

A ghost of a smile would linger on my lips when people around me would pretend,

Their pretense seemed so foolish when I looked at the darkness within,

This darkness which I had accepted was what they were running away from.

But this darkness was a friend and not a foe as they thought,

This darkness did not seek for a source of light,

Neither did it require one as it was soft like velvet

And when it engulfed me, my life looked more bright.

They were afraid of losing themselves in this darkness,

While I danced around in it, extinguishing every source of light.
As it seemed like it was not illuminating my darkness but rather penetrating it with its harsh notions of truths and lies.

I didn’t want any myths to be a part of this stretch of soothing darkness, which was devoid of any notions of truths and deceit.

It only understood and responded to emotions and only them did it wish to receive.

No comments: