Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Poem

The awkward walk in a strange classroom,
No smiles, no familiar faces,
Just sitting alone on a seat,
Beside a stranger,
And try to subside the thoughts that races,
In my mind,
In my heart,

In the touch of the strangers pat,
And then he asked me my name,
And I thought I was worrying in vain,
For he had not the eyes of devil that I imagined,But rather were filled with the same kind of hope and fear that I had in mine.

I knew he was special from that moment,
I can still remember the smell of his scent.
He became my best friend,
Long walks on beaches,
A race to know who is the first that reaches,
Sometimes classroom, sometimes theatre,

Watching our backs for the latter,
To listen and to say,
Sometime words,
Sometime gestures,
Sometime eyes,
Sometime letters.

In the canteen a stale coffee with no sugar to speak off,
The Chinese in cafeteria a total rip off,
A smile of a stranger in the campus,
The quickening of heart beat in a spam of few minutes,
Stupid secrets that were shared,
A relationship of trust and care.

But it was lost by me in the race of time.
We drew apart,
We broke each others heart,
We cried in silence at nights.
But we did not find solutions to our fights,
And slowly we became oblivious to each others presence,
We went ahead and made new friends,
Today I don't know who he is?

What he is? Or where he is?
But I do know,

That he is still the one I remember clearly when I forget the name of my best friend,
I know I am gonna miss those days with him,
And hope that one day we will meet in real and not just in my dream.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

those words, gestures, eyes, letters are the treasures of life. All of them comes to our mind again and again, right? some times in the middle of night, some times when you sit at office, in bus and it bring a smile to your face which the rest of the world wont be able to see.

You are blessed, that you can express your heart with words.