Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dreams


I had a dream last night about a puzzle,
With too many A’s,
And strawberry cookies on silver tray’s.
A man made of wood,
With a smile etched on his face,
A silver dress made of liquid blue diamond,
With blue and black laces,
Shoes made of glass
And a carriage that can fly,
Little fairies in my hair
And their enchanting smile that is sly.
I dreamt of Ice Cream Mountains
And chocolate on trees.
Of little kids with squatted knees
I dreamt of flowery packages
With little pink bows
And happy birthday songs
With toothed smiles
Smiling across the rows.
I dreamt of palaces and flowing gowns
Of knights in shining amours
And of horses white and brown
I was dreaming a dream of stars and a flowing stream
When my alarm went off
And I had to pull my socks and walk back into the real world
And let my dreams linger on my smile and forget it for a while.

7 comments:

hari said...

good one....... after reading both articles (shame shame..... and dreams) i think you are a perfect blend of reality and imaginary thoughts i really appreciate your vast interests and guess you into the perfect profession... hmmm... if possible just write an article between the comparison of tough journalist and an imaginary gal... keep writing....

enjoy...
hariOM.

Unknown said...

nice one i like it and want 2 live with u in ur dream land and try 2 make u r dreamland

Humza Alvi said...

nice nice nice !! thats wat came to my mind after reading "dream" ...... quite fantasized.....and imaginary .....as human imagination can get !! A very NICE poem indeed !!

Shikha said...

Now this one is really nice. i felt like i was reading enyd Blyton. The enchanted woods!!
hey ... i hope u r still considering to write a book later in your life ....
Keep writing
shikha

Supriya said...

u have put across ur imagination in a very beautiful manner. its a short but sweet poem. and this one took me to my childhood days :) ur description is very nice. keep up good wrk :)

nupur said...

Lovely..It indeed did leave a smile...This poem comes across as a gush of fresh air..Great work...
Cheeers!

sandhya said...

Really sweet. loved it.